Recipe by mtodryk
This chili recipe is pretty hot. We also tried to make it healthy as we could by using grass fed ground beef and free range chicken as well as natural seasonings and bases made from scratch.
- 3⁄4 lb tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb chicken thigh, boneless skinless, cubed small
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 green zucchini, chopped
- 3 jalapenos, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons chili powder, New Mexico (no blends)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 30 ounces canned black beans, don't drain
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 6 ounces beer
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place tomatoes on a cookie sheet and roast in oven for 20 minutes Remove frim oven and let sit 5 minutes.
- Puree tomatoes in a blender.
- In a large dutch oven (cast iron), heat oil to hot on high heat.
- Add ground beef and cook until mostly brown.
- Add chicken and season with salt. Cook until chicken is mostly brown.
- Add veggies and cook until onion is welted, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and mix well. Add tomato puree and mix well.
- Add seasonings and mix well. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Lower heat to simmer and simmer for at least a hour (the longer the better).