Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is easiest when you're trying to use up some leftover chili (or I suppose you could use some from a can). If you want to be an overachiever serve this in a tortilla bowl (I say this lovingly since I'm lazy and secretly wish I did this) or just put it on a plate. We use all vegan alternatives for the ingredients (vegetarian salsa, vegan sour cream, cheese, etc.) but I purposely chose to omit them from the recipe to make it less scary to non-vegans!
- 6 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 cups chili, heated
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1⁄4 cup black olives
- tortilla chips
- Place a bed of lettuce on each of 6 plates. Top with the chili, dividing it evenly among the plates.
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa and sour cream until well mixed, then spoon over the chili. Top each serving with the cheese and scatter the bell pepper, avocado, and olives evenly over the top. Serve with tortilla chips.