Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes from the cookbook Linda McCartney On Tour. It's very simple to make and very nutritious...not to mention delicious!
- 2 lbs kale or 2 lbs spring greens, washed and chopped
- 4 tablespoons water or 4 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, skinned and chopped finely
- 1 chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 4 tablespoons ground peanuts
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Put the chopped greens in a large saucepan with the water or stock and cook gently, covered for 10 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium frying pan, heat the peanut oil and saute the chopped onion, tomato and chili pepper for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the sauteed onion mixture on the greens, but do not stir it inches Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the ground peanuts on top.
- Cover and steam gently for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, check the seasoning and serve.