Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from the cookbook Linda McCartney On Tour. It's very simple to make and very nutritious...not to mention delicious!
- 2 lbs kale or 2 lbs spring greens, washed and chopped
- 4 tablespoons water or 4 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, skinned and chopped finely
- 1 chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 4 tablespoons ground peanuts
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Put the chopped greens in a large saucepan with the water or stock and cook gently, covered for 10 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium frying pan, heat the peanut oil and saute the chopped onion, tomato and chili pepper for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the sauteed onion mixture on the greens, but do not stir it inches Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the ground peanuts on top.
- Cover and steam gently for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, check the seasoning and serve.