This recipe comes from the cookbook Linda McCartney On Tour. It's very simple to make and very nutritious...not to mention delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs kale or 2 lbs spring greens, washed and chopped
- 4 tablespoons water or 4 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, skinned and chopped finely
- 1 chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 4 tablespoons ground peanuts
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1Put the chopped greens in a large saucepan with the water or stock and cook gently, covered for 10 minutes until tender.
- 2Meanwhile, in a medium frying pan, heat the peanut oil and saute the chopped onion, tomato and chili pepper for 2-3 minutes.
- 3Place the sauteed onion mixture on the greens, but do not stir it inches Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Sprinkle the ground peanuts on top.
- 5Cover and steam gently for a further 10 minutes.
- 6Add the lemon juice, check the seasoning and serve.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Spring Greens
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.2
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 103.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 10.5 g