Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick, tasty coating for fish. Dinner is ready in 15 minutes!
Make and share this Chili-spiced Coating for Fish recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb fish fillet
- 2 tablespoons butter
- On waxed paper, combine cornmeal, flour, chili powder, and salt.
- Cut fish fillets into serving size pieces and coat both sides thoroughly with cornmeal mixture.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add butter and let melt.
- Add fish fillets and cook 4 minutes.
- Turn and cook an additional 4-6 minutes until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
I had some Mahi Mahi to make tonight and was I happy to find this little recipe. It was very very easy, tasty and healthy to boot. I managed to "fry" mine with just 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in non-stick skillet and it still came out with some real crunch to it.