Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sprinkle on your favorite meat, potatoes or veggies for an added punch of flavor.
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. To your taste, sprinkle mix on your favorite meat or veggies for an added punch of flavor. Makes about 1/3 cup.
- ***Tip-- for every 4 servings (1 lb boneless or 2 lb bone-in) meat, poultry or fish, mix 2 tablespoons Chili Spice Mix, 1 tbsp vegetable oil, and 1 clove crushed garlic. Rub all over meat; let stand for 10 minutes. (Make wet rub ahead: cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours).
Made this up the other day & finally used it on a mixed veggie side dish (corn, peas, cauliflower & some red bell pepper) & it really made a very nice difference! Now I'm anxious to try it on some chicken breasts! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Made & reviewed as a bonus tag for one of my teammates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #16]