1/2 Photos of Chili Spaghetti With Hot Dogs
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I found this recipe in the 2010 Taste Of Home Quick Cooking Annual Recipes.It was sent to them by Karen Tausend of Bridgeport,Michigan.I submitted this recipe to Food.com ( a.k.a. " ZAAR ") on August 3rd.2011. EDITED:On August 23rd.2011 I made this recipe and thought that Lori Mama's suggestion of adding garlic was a very good idea.So, after tasting the sauce by itself, about 3/4 teaspoon of garlic powder was added and let simmer for about 10 minutes.Lori Mama thank you so much for a wonderful idea :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 lb hot dog, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- 2While pasta is cooking,in a large skillet,cook the hot dogs,onion and celery in the oil until tender.
- 3Add both the sauces,mustard,chili powder,garlic powder( if using ),salt,and pepper.
- 4Cook uncovered for 8 to 10 minutes, or until heated through,stirring occasionally.
- 5Drain spaghetti, toss with hot dog mixture.
- 6Sprinkle with cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Spaghetti With Hot Dogs
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.8
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 40.1 mg
- Sodium 1385.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 14.8 g