Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in the 2010 Taste Of Home Quick Cooking Annual Recipes.It was sent to them by Karen Tausend of Bridgeport,Michigan.I submitted this recipe to Food.com ( a.k.a. " ZAAR ") on August 3rd.2011. EDITED:On August 23rd.2011 I made this recipe and thought that Lori Mama's suggestion of adding garlic was a very good idea.So, after tasting the sauce by itself, about 3/4 teaspoon of garlic powder was added and let simmer for about 10 minutes.Lori Mama thank you so much for a wonderful idea :)
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 lb hot dog, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking,in a large skillet,cook the hot dogs,onion and celery in the oil until tender.
- Add both the sauces,mustard,chili powder,garlic powder( if using ),salt,and pepper.
- Cook uncovered for 8 to 10 minutes, or until heated through,stirring occasionally.
- Drain spaghetti, toss with hot dog mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
Nice quick little recipe. I used all beef wieners, as I had some to use up. No salt was needed, but I will add some garlic next time only because we love garlic. Made for New Kids on the Block Tag game. :)