Recipe by pink cook
This is another of our favorite dinner meals, specially in cold nights and it is a complete meal served with corn bread muffins. We love them.
Top Review by internetnut
I gave this recipe 4 stars. My future hubby and I really liked this spaghetti. My 7 yr old picky newphew didn't like the peppers or the beans. This makes a nice hearty thick sauce. When I made this recipe I had some already cooked ground beef to use. So I sauteed my peppers and onions in vegetable oil until cooked tender. I did wait to add my garlic until I added my ground beef to prevent it from burning. The rest I followed as directed. My only issue was in the ingredients it says 1/2 cup of water but in the directions it says "in cup of water". I went with the 1/2 cup of water. I used kidney beans as I felt this was the best bean to use. I only needed to simmer my sauce for 10 minutes and it was perfect. Overall I'll make this again! Thanks for posting a yummy recipe! Christine (internetnut)
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef (or use ground turkey)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 fresh tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, ground
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, drained
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet brown ground meat, green pepper, onion and garlic. Add tomato sauce and chopped tomato. Add ground cumin, salt and pepper.
- Mix chili powder in half cup of water and stir well. Add to meat mixture. Let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cooked beans. Simmer another 10 to 15 minutes. Taste for full flavor.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti and enjoy it with corn bread muffins. mmmmmmm -- delicious.