Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A simple and easy to prepare soup that can be made the day ahead.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 16 ounces canned kidney beans
- 16 ounces canned tomatoes
- 1 quart water
- 1 cup small macaroni noodles, cooked
- Brown beef and onion.
- Stir in chili powder; add kidney beans, tomatoes and water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce to simmer and cook covered for 1 1/2 hours.
- Fold in cooked macaroni and simmer for 15 minutes more.
- May be prepared ahead and refrigerated.
- Serves 10.
Super easy and tasty! Also very filling. I wanted a little more spice, so I added some garlic powder. Thanks for the recipe!
I have been searching for this recipe that my mom used to make when I was a kid. The only difference is that my mom used potatoes instead of pasta. Probably because she had five kids and potatoes were cheap. lol.
This was just what we needed on a cold rainy night after a soccer game. Had all the ingredients handy. Added a jalepeno and some chicken broth and tomato juice. My 15 year old especially liked it.