Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
When I was growing up we used to have this at my grandma's on Saturday nights for dinner. We just called it chili. I didn't know until college that nobody else made their chili this way!
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced into circles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 46 ounces tomato juice
- 1 1⁄4 ounces chili seasoning mix
- 3 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
- salt and pepper
- Place the carrots in a pot with enough water to cover. Cook until soft, about 25-30 minutes. Drain.
- In a separate pot, place the potatoes with enouigh water to cover. Cook until soft, about 15-20 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven or large pot brown the ground beef. Drain if needed. Return to pot.
- Add the tomato juice and Chili-o mix and stir well.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, and beans with liquid.
- Let simmer for about 15 minutes to warm up beans.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with crackers.