Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I requested this recipe over 20 years ago from a coworker that made it for my birthday. This is a great alternative for those who like less beans than traditional chili.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Brown the ground beef, drain.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, yeilding the 2 cups.
- In a large pot, combine ground beef, macaroni and rest of ingredients. Heat on medium low to medium for 1 hour. Do not boil too hard, the macaroni will break down. The longer you cook it the thicker it gets.
This is golosh not write spelling my mom use to make it.
We enjoyed this soup. It was simple and very tasty. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Make That Ingredient Tag.
We enjoyed this hearty soup. Loved the flavor and the ease of putting it together. This is a great soup for lunch or a light dinner. Just serve it with some crackers or better yet; cornbread, and you have a great meal. Will definitely make this again! Made for Spring PAC, April, 2013.