Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this quick and tasty dish in "Real Simple" magazine a while back.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chili paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- fresh basil leaf (for garnish)
- Heat the oil in large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp, garlic and salt and cook until the shrimp is pink and just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp and set aside.
- Add the chili paste and coconut ilk to pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, bean sprouts, scallion, lime juice and shrimp and cook until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve garnished with basil leaves.