Recipe by dianegrapegrower
Got this out of Sunset Magazine, many years ago. Quick and tasty. Serve with rice and salad for an easy, healthy meal. (For kids who like spicy, this is also very kid friendly)
Top Review by Susie D
Easy & delicious! I used a half teaspoon of the red pepper flakes and then followed the recipe. The sauce was tangy, spicy, sweet, and great with the shrimp. I served with brown rice pilaf & broccoli and will definitely use the recipe again!
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients in small bowl, set aside.
- Saute shrimp in oil until pink, remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add ginger and garlic to pan, saute until fragrant. Add ketchup mixture, and bring to boil.
- Add shrimp and sesame oil. Heat thoroughly.