Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
this quick easy meal can be ready in under 30 minutes, courtesy of mark bittman
Make and share this Chili Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 2 inches piece ginger, peeled
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and lightly crushed
- 2 shallots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 small fresh chili peppers, seeded and stemmed (or dried red chili flakes to taste)
- 3 tablespoons corn oil or 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil or 3 tablespoons other neutral oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste or 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons nam pla (Thai fish sauce)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 lb peeled shrimp
- Mince ginger, garlic, shallots and chilies in food processor.
- Put oil in wok or large skillet and turn heat to medium-high; a minute later, add minced spices and cook, stirring constantly, for about 30 seconds.
- Stir in tomato paste, lime juice, nam pla, soy sauce, sugar and 2 tablespoons water. Add shrimp and coat with sauce. Cook just until sauce is bubbling and shrimp turns pink, about 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
This should have more reviews because it's really tasty. I used 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes and 1.5 lbs shrimp. It came out pretty spicy but I'm not complainin'. The sauce is delicious and full of flavor but before I added the shrimp I coated lightly with salt, pepper, and ground coriander for seasoning. I also added a touch more water to the sauce to stretch it out a bit and served over basmati rice. It was very good - thank you.
Tasty & easy, with a light, fresh flavour! I used one tablespoon of light vegetable oil, an extra chilli and added a splash of soy sauce to the Thai rice I served it with. The more we ate, the more we enjoyed it. I think the addition of vegetables, or even just serving a vegetable dish on the side would enhance the flavour.
Oh dear!!! It was really nice dish!!! I didn't have lime juice on hand so I used lemon juice instead, but still worked really well!!! and it was super easy and simple to make yet, so delisious!! Thanks for posting such a beautiful Recipe Chia!!!! :)