Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
ala William Davis' Wheat Belly blog
- 2 cups sesame seeds (raw)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (extra virgin or light)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In food chopper or food processor, grind 1¼ cups sesame seeds to fine meal. Remove and place in large bowl.
- Place shredded Parmesan cheese in food chopper or food processor and pulse briefly until reduced to granular consistency. Add to sesame seed meal and mix. Stir in olive oil.
- Add remaining (unground) sesame seeds, chili powder, cayenne pepper, onion and garlic powder, mustard, sea salt and mix thoroughly. Add Tabasco sauce and water and mix. Add additional water, if necessary, one tablespoon at a time, to obtain a consistency similar to pancake batter.
- Pour mixture into baking pan and smooth to fill pan and obtain a thickness of a cracker. If too thick, remove some batter and re-smooth. Optionally, roll a clean cylindrical glass or bottle over top to smooth and yield a consistent thickness.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until edges browned and center firm. If a dry, extra crunchy cracker is designed, bake an additional 10-15 minutes at 250 degrees F.
- Remove and allow to cool. Cut with pizza cutter to desired size.