Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 tablespoon white flour, unbleached
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried onion
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and blend well.
- Spoon mixture into a 6-inch square of aluminum foil and fold to make it airtight and label as Chili Seasoning Mix.
- Store in a cool, dry place and use within 6 months.
I don't normally use a prepared chili mix but I was making Weight Watchers Crock Pot Chicken Chili and it called for a package of chili mix, so I used this recipe. This made a great pot of chili and I would use this recipe again. Thanks.
Great chili seasoning mix!! I am making Tamale Pie and it was just right for the type of seasoning I like. Not too hot, and not too mild. Will have this made up and on hand from now on. Thanks, Dancer--Carole in Orlando
This is GREAT! I was in the middle of making a big pot of Turkey Chili when I realized I didn't have a seasoning packet. So I figured I would look it up on here and found this recipe. To my great suprise it was SO much better than the store bought packet and I had all the ingredients on hand! I will definately be skipping the store packets and using this one from now on. I doubled the recipe (I was making a lot) and only used half the red pepper flakes it called for as I have little toddlers. The whole family and our guests loved it! Thank you for a great MONEY SAVING recipe! I love when I can make great things without having to go to the store! ;)