My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- cilantro leaf (to garnish)
- hot red chili pepper (to garnish)
- lime wedge (optional)
- 1In large bowl, mix black beans, corn, onion, chopped cilantro, lime juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 2Set black-bean salsa aside.
- 3Rinse scallops with cold running water to remove sand from crevices; pat dry with paper towels.
- 4In medium bowl, mix chili powder, sugar, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; add scallops, tossing to coat.
- 5In nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat until very hot.
- 6Add scallops and cook 3 to 6 minutes until scallops are lightly browned on the outside and turn opaque throughout, turning once.
- 7Arrange black-bean salsa and scallops on 4 dinner plates; garnish with cilantro leaves and red chiles.
- 8Serve with lime wedges if you like.
- 9Makes 4 servings.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Scallops With Black-Bean Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.6
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 37.5 mg
- Sodium 857.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 29.2 g