Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is out of "The Backyard Barbecue Cookbook" If you are not too sure about your chili tolerance, reduce the chili bean sauce. This is great served with rice. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 14.79 ml fresh ginger, grated
- 9.85 ml sesame oil
- 14.79 ml chili bean sauce
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml tomato paste
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 907.18 g large raw shrimp
- 226.79 g scallops
- Combine the crushed garlic, ginger, sesame oil, chili bean sauce, soy sauce, tomato paste, sugar and lemon juice.
- Shell shrimp and devein, leaving tail shells on.
- Clean the scallops.
- Add the shrimp and scallops to the marinade.
- Cover and marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Skewer shrimp and scallops on skewers. (If using wooden skewers make sure to soak in water for about 30 minutes).
- Cook on a preheated lightly oiled barbecue grill for 4 minutes each side. Baste with the remaining marinade during cooking.
Very good shrimp and scallops -- used garlic chili sauce -- but otherwise made as directed. Thanks for sharing!
Awesome and so easy.. omitted the sugar and used only shrimp. Was out of this world and got rave reviews from my date. Will definitely make this again and again!
Wonderful marinade! I used a chili garlic sauce so the result wasn't spicy at all, but the flavor was still great. I need to work on my grilling technique (yes, I overcooked the kebabs) but the shrimps and scallops still tasted wonderful. Thanks for a great recipe!