Recipe by teresas
This is out of "The Backyard Barbecue Cookbook" If you are not too sure about your chili tolerance, reduce the chili bean sauce. This is great served with rice. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 14.79 ml fresh ginger, grated
- 9.85 ml sesame oil
- 14.79 ml chili bean sauce
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml tomato paste
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 907.18 g large raw shrimp
- 226.79 g scallops
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the crushed garlic, ginger, sesame oil, chili bean sauce, soy sauce, tomato paste, sugar and lemon juice.
- Shell shrimp and devein, leaving tail shells on.
- Clean the scallops.
- Add the shrimp and scallops to the marinade.
- Cover and marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Skewer shrimp and scallops on skewers. (If using wooden skewers make sure to soak in water for about 30 minutes).
- Cook on a preheated lightly oiled barbecue grill for 4 minutes each side. Baste with the remaining marinade during cooking.