Recipe by Michelle S.
I pulled this recipe off of a now unknown website where it was posted by Sue. I have modified it some to our families taste buds. If you like your pasta "al dente" this is NOT for you, it's more like a kicked up hamburger helper!
- 1 (8 ounce) packagegood quality pork sausage
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon chili powder (depends on taste)
- 4 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage and onion in a large Dutch oven.
- Drain well.
- Add all of the remaining EXCEPT for noodles and cheese.
- Stir to mix well.
- Add noodles to pot and make sure that they are covered in liquid.
- Add more water or wine if necessary.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer at medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Add more water if noodles appear to be drying.
- Stir in cheese and serve.