Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a nice change-up to beef stroganoff
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- In large skillet, cook and stir meat, onion and green pepper until meat is brown and onion is tender; drain off fat.
- Stir in remaining ingredientes.
- Cover; simmer 30 minutes or until noodles are tender, adding more water if necessary to prevent sticking.
I changed up the recipe a bit as I used Mild Italian sausage meat, had no onion so used onion powder and some garlic powder. I used 1 red pepper and a cubanl pepper. I added 1 cup of water and measured out two cups of small fuselli instead of flat wide noodles. I felt the fuselli was a good match for the sausage. I used only 2 teaspoons of salt... It is a very good filling meal along side a salad, and crusty bread. I will make again. Was cooked in less than twenty minutes...I might try this in the rice cooker next time.
Great family-style meal ~ very filling and perfect for a cold day. Switch it up and use spicy Italian sausage to add more flavor.