Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Chili sauce pasta its pretty good meal:)
- 6 ounces fresh linguine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips, about 2 inches long
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (8 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Cook pasta according to package directions except omit salt; drain.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan combine tomatoes,
- green pepper strips, tomato paste, chili powder, salt, garlic powder, and cumin.
- Bring to boiling. Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in kidney beans.
- Stir together water and cornstarch; add to tomato mixture.
- Cook and stir till
- thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Serve tomato mixture over hot pasta.