Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is an easy recipe for chili sauce using fresh ingredients.
- 236.59 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 236.59 ml celery, chopped
- 2 (1587.57 g) can crushed tomatoes
- 236.59 ml honey
- 9.85 ml salt
- 4.92 ml allspice
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml clove, ground
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper, ground
- Add all ingredients to heavy pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and let cook for 1 hour.
- Add ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return to pot and simmer for 30 minutes more.
This is a terrific chili sauce. I didn't have canned tomatoes so I used Prego Mushroom and Green Pepper Pasta sauce, I reduced the salt to 1 teaspoon and everything else just as given in the recipe. I made it to go over Tourtiere a traditional French Canadian meat pie - the perfect touch. A great new Christmas eve tradition started.
This was absolutely wonderful! So much better than anything store bought. The smell as this simmered in my kitchen for an hour and a half was just so tantilizing!!! I used this to makde a crock pot pulled pork recipe, #76273, and I'm already planning on making this for our church potluck on sunday!