2 hrs 20 mins
Easy to make, and a must have stuffed in the bun with dogs or burgers. Any left overs can be frozen. I freeze in half cup freezer-proof containers, just reheat in the microwave to serve with burgers and hot dogs, also wonderful on top of French fries, then topped with shredded cheddar cheese yum!! This chili sauce is even better if made a day or even days ahead of using. Also the recipe may be cut in half for a smaller amount. All ingredients may be adjusted to suit taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 (5 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 1/2 cups chili sauce
- 1/2 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder (or to taste, increase amount for a more spicy taste)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 drops Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- 1In a saucepan, sauté the onions and garlic until soft.
- 2Add in ground beef, and sauté until browned.
- 3Add in all remaining ingredients (except bread crumbs) and vinegar.
- 4Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, boil for 5 minutes.
- 5Add in bread crumbs and vinegar; mix to combine.
- 6Simmer for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Sauce for Hot Dogs and Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.5
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 645.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 17.6 g