Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is part of my OAMC chicken rotation plan. It's a favorite of my family My family likes it with hot sauce added but I like it the way it's written. I have added the hot sauce as an optional ingredient for this reason.
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 10 -12 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- hot sauce (to taste and optional)
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients.
- If adding hot sauce, add it to the above mixture.
- Keep about 1/3 cup for basting and refrigerate.
- Add chicken to bag, seal and turn to coat.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Grill, covered, skin side down, over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Baste with half the reserved marinade.
- Turn and grill 10 minutes longer or until the chicken juices run clear, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
- If making for OAMC, put sauce for basting in a seperate freezer bag.
- Attach to freezer bag with chicken in and freeze.
- When ready to cook, pull from freezer and let thaw in fridge.
- Following cooking intrustions above.
Excellent! Super tender and delicious! . I marinated them for about 5 hours or so. Also baked them instead of grilling. I also broiled them a few minutes at the end to make them a bit more brown. Will definitely be making it again.
I can see why it's a favorite of your family....it is for us now, also! I marinated the chicken breast overnight and it was SO tender and very tasty! I also baked ours in the oven and cut the servings down to 1. I'm definitely making this one again and again!!
I really enjoyed this dish. It was so delicious, spicy and moist. I used boneless, skinless, chicken breasts. I used both hot & sweet chili sauce. It was so good, I served it on cellaphane noodles. I will be making this often. Thanks so much for sharing.