Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A great canned sauce for chili or a meat sauce for pasta
- 12 tomatoes
- 6 medium onions
- 3 green sweet peppers
- 2 cups vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 3 teaspoons red peppers
- 2 cups sugar
- Peel tomatoes.
- Put tomatoes, onions, and green peppers through blender.
- Add vinegar, salt, cinnamon, celery salt, and red pepper.
- Place mixture into a saucepan and simmer on low for several hours.
- When nearly done, add sugar and cook another 30 minutes.
- Prepare jars and can sauce while it's hot.