Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted to serve 4 from South Beach Diet online. Phase 1.
- 1 lb tilapia fillet
- 2 lbs asparagus, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Bring 1 inch of water to boil in a large saucepan. Put asparagus in a steamer basket, place in the pan, cover, and steam until tender crisp. (about 4 minutes).
- Transfer to large plate, spreading out to cool.
- Combine chili powder, garlic powder, and 1/4 tsp salt on a plate. Dredge fillets in the spice mixture to coat.
- Heat oil in large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook until just opague in the center, turning gently halfway. (5 - 7 minutes total.).
- Divide among 4 plates.
- Immediately add lemon juice, remaining 1/4 tsp salt, and asparagus to the skillet. Stir constantly until asparagus is heated through. (1 to 2 minutes). Serve asparagus with the fish.
Super easy and tastes delicious. I've made it twice in the last week and it came out perfectly both times. I, too, used broccoli instead of asparagus. I loved the lemon flavor infused into the vegetables.
Very fast and super delicious! The mix of spicy and tangy is perfect! I used broccoli instead of asparagus and served it over a bed of rice and it made a perfect meal. One of my new favorites.
I found this one in Eating Well Magazine and gave it a try last night. I steamed my asparagus for 2 minutes in a Zip-lock steamer bag but didn't cut them into 1 inch pieces (mainly because I forgot to!). Followed the rest of the recipe exactly. Easy and delicious. Next time I think I will only steam the asparagus for 1 minute as we really like our asparagus crispy-tender. This one is a repeater in our house.