Recipe by WendyMaq
Adapted to serve 4 from South Beach Diet online. Phase 1.
Top Review by claudiners
Super easy and tastes delicious. I've made it twice in the last week and it came out perfectly both times. I, too, used broccoli instead of asparagus. I loved the lemon flavor infused into the vegetables.
- 1 lb tilapia fillet
- 2 lbs asparagus, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 1 inch of water to boil in a large saucepan. Put asparagus in a steamer basket, place in the pan, cover, and steam until tender crisp. (about 4 minutes).
- Transfer to large plate, spreading out to cool.
- Combine chili powder, garlic powder, and 1/4 tsp salt on a plate. Dredge fillets in the spice mixture to coat.
- Heat oil in large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook until just opague in the center, turning gently halfway. (5 - 7 minutes total.).
- Divide among 4 plates.
- Immediately add lemon juice, remaining 1/4 tsp salt, and asparagus to the skillet. Stir constantly until asparagus is heated through. (1 to 2 minutes). Serve asparagus with the fish.