Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
You can serve these as a fun appetizer or a full meal, paired with a nice salad. It's packed with nutrition (sweet potatoes are chock full of beta-carotene and vitamin C and avocados have anti-inflammatory properties, are full of fiber, vitamin A, C and folate). It's ridiculously easy - you don't even have to peel the potatoes! Best of all, it's incredibly tasty!! Spicy roasted sweet potato rounds topped with some creamy guacamole...it's like nachos without the less-than-healthy chips! Total comfort food! I found this recipe on the Heathy Kitchen.
For the chili spice rub
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika (I use regular here, but use smoked paprika if you want a smoky flavor!)
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (omit if you don&rsquo,t want the heat)
For the Potatoes
- 1 large sweet potato, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- canola oil
- 1 -2 cup guacamole
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix spices together for the rub.
- Brush or spray potatoes lightly with oil. Sprinkle them with the spice rub, mix well. Roast round for about 12-15 minutes, or until golden on the bottoms. Flip and roast for another 12-15 minutes.
- Whip up a batch of classic guacamole.
- Serve roasted rounds topped with a dollop of guacamole!