Chili Rubbed Steak and Roasted Pepper Salad
- 1. In a small bowel, combine the chili powder, brown sugar, paprika,cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Mix together. Rub on both sides of skirt steak. Place in a container and place in fridge for at least 40 minutes to overnight.
- 2. Preheat the broiler and grill pan on high. Chop bell pepper into 1/2 inch slices. Slice shallot into thin 1/4 inch rings. In an large bowel, toss with 1 TBSP olive oil and place on baking sheet. Slice ciabatta into bite sized pieces. On an separate baking sheet, toss ciabatta with 1 TBSP olive oil. Sprinkle garlic and onion powder on bread.Place in oven, with veggies on upper rack and bread on lower and cook for 15 minutes.
- 3. Reverse trays with the bread tray on top and the veggie tray below and cook for 2 more minutes. Cook the bread until it is golden brown. Cook the veggies until they are soft and slightly charred.
- 4. Meanwhile, cook steak by placing on a hot grill plan for 3 minutes per side.
- 5. Serve salad. Place romaine on bottom, then half the veggies on each plate, then the croutons, basil, Parmesan cheese and steak. Drizzle read wine vinegar over top.