Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy to make.
Make and share this Chili-Rubbed Shrimp Skewers recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup new mexico chile powder
- 1 tablespoon blackening seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup of finely diced red pepper
- 1 cup finely diced mango
- 1 cup finely diced pineapple
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teasoon sugar
- 1 small lime, juice of
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- juice from half a small lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 18 medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 6 eight inch bamboo skeewers soaked in water
- Heat grill to high. When hot remove shrimp from marinade and place 3 shrimp per skewer. Place shrimp on a platter and lightly dust shrimp on both sides with the chili rub.
- Grill shrimp for 3 minutes on each side or until they are cooked through.Place skewers on a warm platter. Brush shrimp on each side with the lemon butter. Cover to keep warm.
- Divide the salsa between 6 plates, mounding it in the center. Place 1 shrimp skewer on top of the salsa and brush again with the lemon butter and left over juices from the platter.