Recipe by E.A.
This is from Real Simple magazine. It's a easy, no fuss recipe for the grill. I like the spicy/sweet mix of flavors. You can also substitute mango or papaya for the pineapple.
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cut crosswise for grill and then into small pieces (for chunky salsa)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 24 ounces boneless pork chops, cut into cubes to skewer
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a grill to medium high.
- Grill the pineapple slices 2 minutes per side. Cut into a small dice, discarding the core.
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, pepper, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and set aside.
- Combine the chili powder and remaining salt in a large bowl.
- Add the pork and the remaining oil and toss to coat.
- Thread the pork onto 4 12 inch skewers.
- Grill the kebabs, turning every 2 minutes, until cooked through, around 15 minutes.
- Serve along with the pineapple salsa.