This is from Real Simple magazine. It's a easy, no fuss recipe for the grill. I like the spicy/sweet mix of flavors. You can also substitute mango or papaya for the pineapple.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cut crosswise for grill and then into small pieces (for chunky salsa)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 24 ounces boneless pork chops, cut into cubes to skewer
- 1Heat a grill to medium high.
- 2Grill the pineapple slices 2 minutes per side. Cut into a small dice, discarding the core.
- 3In a bowl, combine the pineapple, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, pepper, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and set aside.
- 4Combine the chili powder and remaining salt in a large bowl.
- 5Add the pork and the remaining oil and toss to coat.
- 6Thread the pork onto 4 12 inch skewers.
- 7Grill the kebabs, turning every 2 minutes, until cooked through, around 15 minutes.
- 8Serve along with the pineapple salsa.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili-Rubbed Pork Kebabs With Pineapple Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.5
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 113.9 mg
- Sodium 620.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 22.9 g
- Protein 38.8 g