7 hrs 10 mins
This pork is delicious and can be eaten as a roast, or use left overs to make cuban sandwhiches. Enjoy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried Mexican oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs pork shoulder
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2Mix togeher all dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- 3Season pork with salt, then rub with 1/2 chili rub. Reserve remaining chili rub for another use.
- 4Place a roasting rack in a pan; set pork on rack, cover with parchment, then foil, and roast until pork registers 160 degrees on an instant read thermometer, about 4 hours.
- 5Uncover and roast until outside is browned and fork tender, about 3 hours more.
- 6Let cool, shred into bite-size pieces and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Rubbed Pork
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.2
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 107.3 mg
- Sodium 474.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 27.8 g