Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This pork is delicious and can be eaten as a roast, or use left overs to make cuban sandwhiches. Enjoy
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried Mexican oregano
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs pork shoulder
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix togeher all dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Season pork with salt, then rub with 1/2 chili rub. Reserve remaining chili rub for another use.
- Place a roasting rack in a pan; set pork on rack, cover with parchment, then foil, and roast until pork registers 160 degrees on an instant read thermometer, about 4 hours.
- Uncover and roast until outside is browned and fork tender, about 3 hours more.
- Let cool, shred into bite-size pieces and enjoy!