Out of the Blue's Note:
Found in the Toronto TV Guide as part of the Celebrity Chef series. Don't know who the chef is as their Web site is no longer. Don't expect the skin to be crisp if you leave it on but it is tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Combine 2 tbsp melted butted, 2 tbsp flour and 3 tsp chili powder in a small bowl; rub mixture on chicken, sprinkle with salt and pepper; place chicken in a small roasting pan; scatter garlic around chicken.
- 3Roast chicken for 30 minutes; take out of oven and transfer garlic to plate; return chicken to oven and roast another 10 to 20 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, peel garlic and mash.
- 5Stir remaining 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp flour in heavy saucepan over medium heat for 1 minute; gradually whisk in broth and wine; add sage, mashed garlic and remaining 1 tsp of chili powder; bring gravy to boil, whisking occasionally, for about 8 minutes; continuing to stir, reduce heat and simmer for another 3 to 5 minutes; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 6Transfer chicken to platter and serve with gravy.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili-Rubbed Chicken With Roasted Garlic Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.3
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 123.3 mg
- Sodium 346.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 33.0 g