Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found in the Toronto TV Guide as part of the Celebrity Chef series. Don't know who the chef is as their Web site is no longer. Don't expect the skin to be crisp if you leave it on but it is tasty.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine 2 tbsp melted butted, 2 tbsp flour and 3 tsp chili powder in a small bowl; rub mixture on chicken, sprinkle with salt and pepper; place chicken in a small roasting pan; scatter garlic around chicken.
- Roast chicken for 30 minutes; take out of oven and transfer garlic to plate; return chicken to oven and roast another 10 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel garlic and mash.
- Stir remaining 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp flour in heavy saucepan over medium heat for 1 minute; gradually whisk in broth and wine; add sage, mashed garlic and remaining 1 tsp of chili powder; bring gravy to boil, whisking occasionally, for about 8 minutes; continuing to stir, reduce heat and simmer for another 3 to 5 minutes; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer chicken to platter and serve with gravy.