Recipe by Out of the Blue
Found in the Toronto TV Guide as part of the Celebrity Chef series. Don't know who the chef is as their Web site is no longer. Don't expect the skin to be crisp if you leave it on but it is tasty.
Top Review by Paka
We really enjoyed this chicken but the real star was the garlic sauce! The combination of the bird and the sauce made for a very rich but o-so delicious meal. The sauce would be great over pasta, veggies or for a soup base. Thanks.
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 12 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine 2 tbsp melted butted, 2 tbsp flour and 3 tsp chili powder in a small bowl; rub mixture on chicken, sprinkle with salt and pepper; place chicken in a small roasting pan; scatter garlic around chicken.
- Roast chicken for 30 minutes; take out of oven and transfer garlic to plate; return chicken to oven and roast another 10 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel garlic and mash.
- Stir remaining 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp flour in heavy saucepan over medium heat for 1 minute; gradually whisk in broth and wine; add sage, mashed garlic and remaining 1 tsp of chili powder; bring gravy to boil, whisking occasionally, for about 8 minutes; continuing to stir, reduce heat and simmer for another 3 to 5 minutes; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer chicken to platter and serve with gravy.