Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A simple rub that adds some heat to grilled chicken. From Barbecue Recipes. The recipe calls for 6 split broilers, but Zaar wouldn't take it that way, so I've changed it to 3 chickens, halved.
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 whole chickens, each halved
- Mix salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, cayenne cumin, and coriander.
- Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels, rub spice mixture on all sides of chicken pieces.
- Let stand 1 to 2 hours.
- Grill chicken over low to medium fire, turning often, 35 to 45 minutes, until chicken tests done.
This is a very nice rub for chicken. Since it was only the two of us, I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts. The rub was really flavorful and the chicken was nice and moist.
This was a really tasty chicken dish Lazyme. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely recipe. The chicken was excellent, tender moist and oh so flavorful and it was so quick and easy to throw together. I used chicken thighs and was really happy that I did. I love that the flavor penetrates into the chicken. I let it sit for 2 hours. We enjoyed this very much. made for Culinary Quest 2 - Texas
This was so good!! I like the little kick of heat it gives! I also used boneless skinless chicken breasts and sprayed them with just a smidge of non-stick cooking spray before putting them on the grill. The only think I did differently was to just use half the salt as what the recipe called for; we're not big on salt. But this was really really good and I'm so glad I picked it! Made in honor of your Super Bowl win in the Football Pool Game...congrats!!!