Recipe by lazyme
A simple rub that adds some heat to grilled chicken. From Barbecue Recipes. The recipe calls for 6 split broilers, but Zaar wouldn't take it that way, so I've changed it to 3 chickens, halved.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
This is a very nice rub for chicken. Since it was only the two of us, I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts. The rub was really flavorful and the chicken was nice and moist.
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 whole chickens, each halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, cayenne cumin, and coriander.
- Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels, rub spice mixture on all sides of chicken pieces.
- Let stand 1 to 2 hours.
- Grill chicken over low to medium fire, turning often, 35 to 45 minutes, until chicken tests done.