Prep 336 hrs
Cook 10 mins
We were overwhelmed by chilies and rosemary a few years ago and decided to buy some pretty containers to put this "infused" vinegar in. Great as a gift!
- 1 cup dried red chili pepper, 1 to 2 inches long
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 5 sprigs rosemary, fresh
- 3 cups distilled white vinegar
- Place chilies, garlic and rosemary in clean 2 quart glass jar and crush them with a wooden spoon.
- Heat vinegar until warm, then pour over herbs.
- Set jar on sunny windowsill for 2 weeks, or until vinegar reaches desired strength.
- Strain through sieve and pour into sterilized glass jars.
- Add additional chili peppers and rosemary for decorative use to each jar if desired.
- Seal and label.