Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Everyday Food
- 2 -3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. Cut each potato lengthwise into 8 wedges. (I peeled mine, but the original directions did not indicate this).
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss potatoes with oil, sugar, chili powder, salt, and ground pepper, until coated.
- Place sweet potatoes, cut sides down, on baking sheet.
- Roast potatoes until browned and tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Season with additional salt, if desired, before serving.
Fabulous!! They are a little spicy, so next time I might put less chili powder, but other than that, they are delicious!!
Excellent! And this low fat food :) Now I am addicted to sweet potato fries:)
FINALLY! A method to cook sweet potatoes, so that my kids will actually enjoy them now too! Being from the south, it kills me how my children do not like sweet potatoes, but with this recipe, now they do! The parchment paper is a necessity