Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Everyday Food
- 2 -3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. Cut each potato lengthwise into 8 wedges. (I peeled mine, but the original directions did not indicate this).
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss potatoes with oil, sugar, chili powder, salt, and ground pepper, until coated.
- Place sweet potatoes, cut sides down, on baking sheet.
- Roast potatoes until browned and tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Season with additional salt, if desired, before serving.
Excellent! And this low fat food :) Now I am addicted to sweet potato fries:)
FINALLY! A method to cook sweet potatoes, so that my kids will actually enjoy them now too! Being from the south, it kills me how my children do not like sweet potatoes, but with this recipe, now they do! The parchment paper is a necessity
Really good sweet potatoes! Tasty combination of sweet and spicy. I would use less oil next time, ours were a little greasy. Loved that they were baked on parchment, easy to serve and clean up. Thanks for posting the recipe.