Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Asparagus to Zucchini, A guide to Cooking Farm Fresh Seasonal Produce.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1⁄2 lbs rutabagas
- Heat oven to 400. Mix first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Peel rutabagas and cut them into chunks that are 2 inches long and ½-1 inch wide.
- Toss with the spice mix.
- Transfer to a large baking sheet, spreading pieces out evenly.
- Bake until tender and somewhat browned, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes.
My partner swore up and down that she hates rutabagas, but after trying this recipe she has changed her mind! Simple and delicious! Thank you :)