Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love this recipe for the holiday. It's a bit different than a lot of spiced nuts--just because it's also got the sweetness of the cherries to balance it out.
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan.
- Coat the raw peanuts with the melted butter.
- Mix together all remaining ingredients (except cherries).
- Toast the peanuts in a 300-325°F oven for about 10 minutes shaking the pan occasionally.
- Transfer the peanuts to a large bowl and toss to coat with the mixed dry ingredients.
- Mix in cherries until uniformly blended.
- Cover and store at room temperature.
Delicious treat! Had some raw peanuts and needed ideas. This turned out great and everyone loved them. The salty, spicy taste was complemented by the sweet surprise of dried fruit (I substituted dried cranberries because that's what I had on hand). Thanks so much for posting this recipe!<br/><br/>Made again (Dec. 2013) and just thought I would clarify (since I got confused this time) that you roast the peanuts in the butter first. Then, when you remove them from the oven, toss them with the dry ingredients in a bowl and add the cherries/craisins. Still love this recipe!! Yum!
Spicy. And very popular on the hors d'oeuvre table. Loved the size, look and taste of the cherry option.