A lower calorie version of fried peanuts which can be made ahead and stored in jars or airtight containers for up to 2 weeks. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (May 1986)
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and pepper flakes and cook one minute. Add peanuts and stir to combine.
- Transfer peanuts to baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes (or until brown). Remove from oven and sprinkle with chili powder and toss.
- Cool and then transfer to airtight containers.
- Store at least 8 hours before serving.