Recipe by M&Mers
Easy, no-fuss chicken dish...also tastes great served cold at a picnic!
Top Review by Rook
EXCELLENT! This recipe delivers big in the "something different" category. Yet is safe enough for finicky eaters and not so overpowering for the faint hearted who shy away from spicy foods. Don't hesitate, add it to your cookbook now. Just prepared this meal for some friends. No leftovers. I used HEB - a grocery store chain in Texas - Preseasoned Thighs for Fajitas (mainly because they were already in the freezer). The Subtle fajita seasonings blended exceptionally well with this recipe. I recommend it.
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs chicken thighs or 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix together first 4 ingredients.
- Add chicken and turn to coat.
- Place on foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet; spread with any remaining sauce.
- Bake in preheated 425F (220C) degree oven for about 25 minutes for breasts and 35 minutes for thighs.