Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy, no-fuss chicken dish...also tastes great served cold at a picnic!
Make and share this Chili Roasted Chicken Breasts or Thighs recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs chicken thighs or 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- In a large bowl, mix together first 4 ingredients.
- Add chicken and turn to coat.
- Place on foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet; spread with any remaining sauce.
- Bake in preheated 425F (220C) degree oven for about 25 minutes for breasts and 35 minutes for thighs.
EXCELLENT! This recipe delivers big in the "something different" category. Yet is safe enough for finicky eaters and not so overpowering for the faint hearted who shy away from spicy foods. Don't hesitate, add it to your cookbook now. Just prepared this meal for some friends. No leftovers. I used HEB - a grocery store chain in Texas - Preseasoned Thighs for Fajitas (mainly because they were already in the freezer). The Subtle fajita seasonings blended exceptionally well with this recipe. I recommend it.
This was very easy and was well received. I used boneless chicken breasts, cut up into 'thigh-sized' pieces so there was more flavor on each bite! I prepped the night before and put chicken and sauce in a ziplock bag to marinate overnight in the fridge. Based on my timing for dinner (wanting to take a shower whlle chicken was cooking!) I cooked at 350 for 35 minutes... which was almost too long enough for my smaller pieces of breast meat. I served with french fries and Lemon and garlic spinach. Lemon & Garlic Spinach