Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Eating Well - October 2009
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs carrots, cut in 1/4-inch diagonal slices
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Position rack in lower third of oven, preheat to 450°F.
- Combine oil, chili, cumin and salt in medium bowl. Add carrots and toss well to coat. Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast the carrots, stirring once, until tender and golden, 20-25 minutes.
- Toss the carrots with cilantro and lime juice. Serve immediately.
I originally found these on the Eatingwell site but am happy to see them here. I've made them several times now. We really enjoy these as a side to a lot of our Southwestern/Tex-Mex dishes. Thanks for posting!
Nice change of pace! DH and DS both found the south west flavor of these carrots to be a nice tasty change. This recipe was made as written. Thanks for the post.