Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
For more heat add in another jalapeno pepper. This is a very tastey rice dish.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and very finely chopped (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup white rice
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (or more to taste)
- 1 -2 cup sliced whole mushroom, drained
- 12 -15 slices garlic sausage or 12 -15 slices chorizo sausages
- hot chicken stock (about 1-1/2 cups)
- Saute the onion, garlic and jalapeno (if using) in a saucepan until soft (about 3 minutes).
- Add in rice and seasonings; brown the rice just slightly.
- Add in whole mushrooms and sliced sausage and enough HOT stock to come 1-inch above the rice.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes, or until the liquid is completely absorbed.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.