Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Make and share this Chili Rellenos Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb whole chile
- 1 lb shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lb shredded monterey jack cheese
- 4 eggs, seperated
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- Layer chilies and cheese in 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix egg yolks, milk flour and salt.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into yolk mixture.
- Pour over cheese and chilies.
- Bake at 325* for 1 hour.
- Pour tomato sauce over; return to oven for 10 more minutes.