Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Stuffed Chilies with melted Cheese and a crusty shell ready to eat quickly and easily.Add refried beans, flour tortillas and your favorite Salsa and you have a perfect Mexican Restaurant night out.I have used this recipe for almost 40 years and still love it .
- 566.99 g whole green chilies, 2 small cans
- 226.79 g monterey jack cheese, Pepper Jack for more heat.Sliced to fit in chilies
- 236.59 ml flour
- 3 eggs, seperated.yolks from whites
- 44.37 ml flour
- oil, I use peanut oil (for frying)
- Drain chilies,Gently open and insert a slice of cheese.Dredge in flour and set aside on a plate.I salt and pepper the flour.
- Beat egg whites to a stiff peak stage.Set aside.
- Seperately mix egg yolks with 3 TBS flour.It will be thick.
- Take a spoon of whites and gently fold into yolks.continue folding whites into yolks til they are combined.
- Heat oil to about 350.
- Dip chilies in batter and then put into hot oil.Fry on each side til golden brown.About 2 minute on each side.
- Serve with salsa on top some refried beans and some warmed tortillas.
Wow! You know your recipe is one of the reasons I LOVE RECIPEZAAR! This was super easy, had a fabulous flavor-in fact it truely tasted like it came from a mexican restaurant. I did use canola oil to fry them in as well as an electric skillet so that I had a better way to control the heat. Anyway thanks so much for posting I will definately be making these alot!
Tastes authentic & so easy. In fact the batter is so no fuss, that it's my new go to for fried fish and zucchini. Thanks a million.
Great chili rellenos. I used freshly roasted anaheim chilies with Asadero cheese and they were great. Served with Hot Pepper Garlic Jelly, salsa and salsa verde all homemade.