Recipe by School cooker
Stuffed Chilies with melted Cheese and a crusty shell ready to eat quickly and easily.Add refried beans, flour tortillas and your favorite Salsa and you have a perfect Mexican Restaurant night out.I have used this recipe for almost 40 years and still love it .
Top Review by Sweet**Fuzion
Wow! You know your recipe is one of the reasons I LOVE RECIPEZAAR! This was super easy, had a fabulous flavor-in fact it truely tasted like it came from a mexican restaurant. I did use canola oil to fry them in as well as an electric skillet so that I had a better way to control the heat. Anyway thanks so much for posting I will definately be making these alot!
- 20 ounces whole green chilies, 2 small cans
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese, Pepper Jack for more heat.Sliced to fit in chilies
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs, seperated.yolks from whites
- 3 tablespoons flour
- oil, I use peanut oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain chilies,Gently open and insert a slice of cheese.Dredge in flour and set aside on a plate.I salt and pepper the flour.
- Beat egg whites to a stiff peak stage.Set aside.
- Seperately mix egg yolks with 3 TBS flour.It will be thick.
- Take a spoon of whites and gently fold into yolks.continue folding whites into yolks til they are combined.
- Heat oil to about 350.
- Dip chilies in batter and then put into hot oil.Fry on each side til golden brown.About 2 minute on each side.
- Serve with salsa on top some refried beans and some warmed tortillas.