4-H Mom's Note:
This recipe came from a Casserole Cookbook I got from the Cookbook Swap.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large skillet, crumble together the beef and sausage. Cook over medium heat, stirring until meat is browned. Add onion and garlic, cook until onion is soft. Drain.
- 3Line a 9 x 9 x 2 inch greased baking dish with half of the chilies, top with 1 1/2 cups of the cheese.
- 4Add the meat mixture and top with remaining chilies, set aside.
- 5Beat together eggs and flour until smooth, add milk, salt and hot pepper sauce. Blend well.
- 6Pour egg mixture over casserole.
- 7Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until knife inserted off center comes out clean.
- 8Sprinkle with remaining cheese on top.
- 9Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Relleno Bake
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.8
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 242.0 mg
- Sodium 773.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 29.9 g