Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Simple recipe I saw on TV. Fewer ingredients than some relish recipes, but great flavor & a good recipe to use up home-grown chillies.
- 10 red chilies, seeded & chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled, left whole
- 2 red capsicums, seeded & sliced into large pieces
- 1 Spanish onion, peeled & cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon fish sauce, to taste
- olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place chillies, capsicums, garlic& onion on a tray, sprinkle lightly with oil.
- Bake for 40minutes.
- Peel skin from capsicum when cool enough to handle.
- Pulse vegetables in a blender& process until smooth, but still slightly chunky (personal preference).
- Place in a saucepan with brown sugar& fish sauce.
- Simmer 5 minutes.