Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Fast, easy and a no fail dish, unless you burn it! It's also mild so you wont blow the roof of the mouths off your guests!
- 2 (4 ounce) cans whole green chilies
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Drain and slice open the chilies.
- Take 1 cans worth and lay flat in a small, buttered casserole dish.
- Cover with 1/2 the cheese.
- Whip together the eggs and sour cream.
- Lightly salt and pepper.
- Pour over casserole and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
So easy to make, and they taste fantastic. Even my duaghter, who professes not to like peppers, went back for seconds. "My gosh, this is soooo good," she said. Always like hearing that about something I cook. This is a keeper Diana.
Served this as a side dish last night. Simple and easy prep,loved the cheesey flavor with the green chiles. Plan make this again and DH and I agreed that it was delicious! I think it would be equally as good with a hotter pepper for those how like a little more ZING!!! But it is definitley worth a try for anyone who want to try a different side dish!
This was so simple, and tasted so good. It's not something i would normally think of making, but that's also what made it so great. I doubled this and served it as a side for a group of 16. it was a definate hit, and i had people asking for the recipe. another great one Di!