Recipe by Connielocklear2235
This chili is a must on a cold rainy day nothing is better than a big fat bowl of chili on a boring nothing to do day whip this recipe up and your going to be wanting more and more !
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans (light or dark)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans
- 1 (28 ounce) diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Finley dice the onion
- In a large pot put the hamburger meat and onion add a pinch of salt and pepper cook until tender
- Once the meat is no longer pink and the onions are tender strain it.
- Once the meat is back in the pot add both cans of the beans (do not drain ) and then the can of tomatoes.
- Stir everything together.
- Add the seasoning.
- Stir once more then let simmer on medium low hear for about a hour
- Note : make sure to stir the chili a few times while it's cooking.
- Once it's all done pick all your favorite chili topping for example cheese ,green onions ,sour cream and most important don't forgrt those crackers!(: I also like mine with corn bread now chow down ! Enjoy.